It’s nearly Easter or fish slaughter weekend as my wife calls the Easter long weekend of fishing, camping and celebration of NT life. Traditionally the Easter long weekend heralds the commencement of the NT fishing season, there is a mass exodus of fishos out of Katherine to the multitude of fishing and camping spots in the Katherine region. Everyone has a favourite fishing spot the location of which is a guarded secret.
This Blog is about some of the things to check in the next couple of weeks so that the auto electrical system on your car, trailer and boat are in good working order and there are no last minute dramas to delay your get away to your favourite spot.
Car check list
- Trailer plug socket is secure and matches the trailer plug
- Test Electric brakes (if fitted)
- All lights operate when the trailer is plugged in.
- Your auto air conditioner is nice and cool.
Boat Trailer check list
- Trailer plug is in good condition and matches your car trailer socket
- Brake Lights, blinkers , taillights, number plate and side lights are all working
- Electric brakes (if fitted) are operating correctly
Boat check list
- Batteries are all fully charged and operational
- Pumps are working – bilge pump, wash down pump
- Fish finder is operational
- Navigational lights are all working
- Dual battery system for running the fridge, the night spot light, the radio etc see my previous blog about the benefits of a dual battery system https://terrysautoelectrical.com.au/2015/02/the-adventures-of-a-katherine-auto-electrician-my-horse-for-a-dual-battery-system/
- All your required safety gear is in date, clean and stowed securely on board
- Know the latest information on the new fish allowances and sizes and most importantly remember the Barra measuring stick and the camera/ electronic device for the proof for bragging rights and posting on social media.
Here are two very useful sites with stacks of NT fishing and boating info.
I wish you all a very enjoyable and successful Easter weekend of fishing and camping, however if you do need an auto electrician to repair or install any of the auto electrical items on the check list then please check us out at www.terrysautoelectical.com.au
Please feel free to share Barra fillets, photos and stories (successful or otherwise) on your return.